Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Poreless

I'm involved in a couple charities and The First Tee is one I spend a lot of time raising money for.

The First Tee is a youth development organization that introduces the game of golf and its inherent values to young people. Through after school and in school programs, they help shape the lives of young people from all walks of life by reinforcing values like integrity, respect and perseverance through the game of golf.

My friend Nicki (Dr. Nicola DeLorio) owns this awesome med spa Accent Aesthetics in Galloway.   She has a charitable giving menu that donates part of the proceeds of the treatments to a designated charity.
In September she picked The First Tee.  I really couldn't resist the idea of being pampered and giving back at the same time.  I talked to her about the different treatments and decided on the Obagi Blue Radiance Peel.  Not to be confused with the more potent Blue Peel.  It is supposed to improve your skin’s look, texture, and feel in a matter of minutes.  Sounded good to me! 

Ula, my esthetician agreed that this was much needed. He first question was "when was the last time you had a facial" my answer of  "about a year" was greeted with a slight scowl.  She than asked what I currently use to moisturize my overly dry skin. My answer of "I tend not to use moisturizer" was not received well.  While she worked on my neglected skin she made sure to tell me how I need to take better care of my skin and use real products that have real benefits. 

The whole peel/procedure took less than an hour and I am amazed at the results.  When I first left the spa I looked poreless.  My face had not been this smooth in years.  They said I would start peeling. 
I expected to look like a lizard, but I did not.  Some mild peeling a dryness  for a day and my skin looked great.
I bought a bunch of the Obagi skin care to keep the results going, and promised I would use them. 

Ula even called a couple of times to make sure I was using my products correctly.  I think she just wanted to make sure I was using them at all.

I had another peel this month. They are not magic, but they are definitely helping.  Now if I could just stay out of the sun. 


No comments: