Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Are your kids fussy eaters?

So I just read an article titled "Parental food nagging may produce fussy eaters."  it caught my eye since I have an extremely fussy eater in my house.  It also made me think about my house growing up and if my parents made me a good/bad eater.    Growing up we had junk upon junk in my house.  Tastykakes and Entenmann's were a staple, cinnamon buns for breakfast every weekend, plus my mom could be one of the worlds best bakers.  We were rarely limited on what we ate. 

My sister was extremely picky in her food choices and very slim, I on the other hand was the exact opposite. 

I have 2 kids who are also exact opposites in their eating habits.  Although our house now tries to be more health conscious than the one I grew up in.  I try to choose natural and organic foods and we rarely have sweets in the pantry. 

So my parents had no restrictions and had 2 kids who ate differently and I have lots of restrictions and have 2 kids who eat differently.  Does it make a difference? 

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/40307029/ns/health-diet_and_nutrition/from/toolbar

No comments: