Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Do you Feel the Burn?

I DVR all kinds of shows so that on mornings like today while it was raining and running outside is not an option my treadmill does not seem so boring.  So this morning while watching Oprah, Jane Fonda was the guest (I am sure this aired a couple weeks ago.)  She is 72 and looks amazing.  I'd like to look like that at 40.  Now she does admit to having some work done to look soo great, but on her face, not on her petite figure. 
Do you remember the pink leg warmers and purple leotard?  Her videos started a fitness revolution.  I remember doing the leg lifts and "feeling the burn."  The amazing thing is that when those videos were released she was in her 40's.  That fact alone makes me feel older than my age. 
Now at 72 she has had a lot of lifes experiences and lots of ups and down but she still makes fitness a priority.  Why?  To feel great, not look great.  I guess thats the bonus.  Working out helps our minds and our bodies.  She even has new videos out, that are geared towards baby boomers, her original demographic 30 years ago. 
She is refreshingly honest about her life and lifes experiences which makes her all the more interesting. 

I wonder if I dig through some more of the "junk" my mom has been saving I can find one of her videos.  
I can probably find some leg warmers in my own junk drawer. 

No comments: