Friday, October 29, 2010

Day 1

A couple weeks ago my mom decided to finally purge herself of the junk in her house.  First stop on the way to the trash, my house.  Amongst the items in the "trash" bags.  My prom dresses.  I loved my prom dresses, and even though they are not in fashion today in the 90's they were spectacular.  I could not resist trying them on.  I knew they would not fit but I had to try, and of course they did not fit.  So I set a new goal, to fit into my prom dress.  That is when my husband made the goal more attractive.  He proceeded to say " when the dress fits, we'll have a prom party."  Anyone who knows us,  knows we don't really need a reason to have a party but why not keep this theme, make it fun and have others join in. 

So here we go.  I will be posting my progress and want others to join in the fun.  We can share workout tips, diet tips, laugh at ourselves, put up pictures, and try to reach our goal. 

8 comments:

Unknown said...

That dress is so cute and will look amazing on you just like it did the first time you wore it. We'll pick some recipes from that cook book you got and plan some meals for the work week. I swear by tracy anderson so tell your husband to fix the dvd player. I am so excited that I get to see your every day progress in reaching your goal

Anonymous said...

is this for real??

Angela Harrison said...

Ok, I need a more accurate portrayal of the current situation. Can you currently squeeze into the dress without zippering it up or can the zipper go up, or-is it a worst case scenario-you can't get it past your hips-ahhhhhhhhh? Either way, we have time on our side:) With my expertise and your drive we can do this!!!!!

Couple disclaimers:

I will not workout with/or train you at some ungodly morning hour
I will not run in a snowstorm with you....again.
I will not stop you from eating bad stuff (cuz I'll be right there with you!)
Lets set up a plan sis:)

Angela

Brett Matik said...

yes this is real

Unknown said...

I love it Brett...but I find it hard to believe you don't still fit into it! Good luck
Yonni,

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Bambi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
pilli said...

Love it. I'm all over the motivation to get in shape for the party.as far as my dresses, the only thing appealing is the size.It will be fun!!!